Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) is a unique award-winning company set up to support adult care providers within Hertfordshire to raise quality standards of care. We are a non-profit member's association. We support over 500 care organisations to improve the quality of care they provide across a variety of projects such as staff training and providing information and guidance. We also provide additional services and projects such as Recruitment, Impartial Feedback services and the Stop Falls Campaign.
We are now recruiting a Dementia Specialist Care Tutor to join the team. The aim of this position is to design, develop and deliver specialist training courses to the private, voluntary, and independent adult social care workforce in Hertfordshire. It is an exciting position for you to extend your knowledge in care and training skills.
Why work for HCPA?
Working from modern HCPA Office in Welwyn Garden City. We are temporarily working remotely and delivering training online.
This is a 12-month contract with the likelihood to extend for another 12 months and beyond.
37.5 hour working week 9am to 5pm.
£26000 per year.
High Street Discounts / Cashback and Care Academy Benefits
Pension / Sickness Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
36 days holiday (Including 8 Bank Holidays)
Annual Care Awards
Team building days and team events.
Friendly and supportive team
What does the role of Dementia Specialist Care Tutor involve?
You will be delivering training to care staff of various levels on subjects related to the Care Certificate, mandatory training, additional care and support skills, and Dementia specialist training.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
* Design, prepare and deliver care and specialist level training courses to meet observation requirements including Ofsted.
* Learn all current courses within the HCPA Training Suite and deliver these to HCPA standards with passion and enthusiasm.
* Deliver courses and qualifications.
* Act as an assessor, support learners to complete coursework and track completion through the company's qualification tracker
* Deliver courses and qualifications linked to on-going development programmes.
* Develop and deliver new courses and qualifications as per funding requirements.
* Support providers who require tailored solutions to training staff.
* Network with external sector bodies and sector specific groups to share knowledge and represent HCPA's interests.
* Provide reports to the strategic lead on evaluation, quality, return on investment and impact on L&D strategy of existing and proposed training interventions.
* Work with the team to ensure all training is planned, booked, communicated and recorded efficiently.
* Work with the Quality Team to ensure all courses are mapped to appropriate qualifications and standards and manage all quality assurance within the department.
* Undertake CPD events as directed.
* Hold key accountability and write up project reports.
Am I the right person for the Dementia Specialist Care Tutor position?
If you share our vision and values and have a passion for improving the quality of care, then this could be the role for you. Adult Social Care experience and training experience is required so that you will be credible when delivering training to care staff, both new and experienced. You will also need to have:
* Own transport with insurance for business use is essential for this role as travel around Hertfordshire may be required.
* Has a proven Dementia service background.
* Previous experience of training within a health and social care setting
* Experience in working within the Health & Social Care Sector
* Excellent communication skills both written, IT and verbal.
* Must be fit and able: This job requires low level physical activity, and you must be able to demonstrate techniques,
* Proven experience in providing quality assurance systems and processes.
* Be excellent at autonomous research and have proven leadership experience.
* Adaptable - training may be within the HCPA training centre and may also be courses which need to be delivered at a client's site or alternative venues. These may not always be ideal venues for teaching and may require adaptability.
Desirable: Qualified at a minimum of Level 3 Award in Education and Training, willing to work towards a Level 4, and Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or willing to complete this as part of the probation.
If you are interested in the Dementia Specialist Care Tutor vacancy and feel you have the relevant experience, please apply now. You can see more of what we do via the HCPA .info website
We will be looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible