LondonEnergy are looking for HGV1 drivers
As a Highly skilled, experienced and safety focused HGV1 driver, you will join a FORS Gold accredited organisation. You will be driving a brand-new top of the range vehicle to collect and transport waste & recovered materials from LondonEnergy operated sites to designated destinations in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with legal requirements and Company policy.
What will you be doing?
· Use Articulated vehicles to collect waste from the Waste Transfer Stations and deliver to the Ecopark.
· Load and transport bulk waste & recovered materials from Transfer Stations and HWRCs to designated destinations in a safe and efficient manner.
· Drive Company vehicles in a safe and proper manner at all times having due regard for other road users.
· Ensure that all loads are fully secure prior to departure.
· Assist to maximise the loading of vehicles within legal limitations.
· Plan journeys to ensure fuel optimisation taking account of road congestion and other delaying factors.
· Drive the vehicles in such a manner as to optimise fuel consumption, brake and tyre wear.
· Ensure vehicles are maintained in a clean and safe state at all times.
· Must hold a clean UK HGV1 driving licence
· Must hold a valid driver DCPC
· Safe Urban Driving Training would be preferred but not essential
· An ability to use your initiative and have a positive 'can-do' attitude
· Commitment to Health & Safety
Why join LondonEnergy
Owned by the people we serve, improving life by powering a cleaner future London.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London's waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do. By processing household waste at our facility we produce enough waste from energy to power 80,000 homes every year, and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
Working for LondonEnergy is more than just joining a company. Whichever department you work in you will be contributing to the protection of our environment and proactively helping the Local Community of North London. Major actor of the Circular Economy, we are an Ethical & Responsible Employer with committed and ambitious women and men, essential in our great place to work plan.
What's in it for you?
· Permanent vacancy, regular hours of work, and regular start times
· Brand new top of the range vehicle
· Excellent salary and benefits package
· 28 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays.
· Healthcare Cash plan
· On site subsidised Bistro
· Company Contributory Pension scheme (after 3 months service)
· Season ticket loan
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Eye care vouchers
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free On-Site Car Parking