This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join a specialist retailer who are leaders in their field, serving the rural community and retail customers.
As part of this well-established and successful organisation you will work closely with the Store Manager to deliver an exceptional customer experience, a strong sales performance and a collaborative, rewarding career experience for the store team.
With at least 2 years retail experience you may already be a Team Leader looking for the next step, or perhaps an experienced Assistant Manager looking for a fresh challenge.
This independent retailer has a strong presence in the agricultural community; so experience or an understanding of the needs and challenges of the rural community is of particular interest.
Duties will include:
* Supporting the Store Manager with all aspects of team management including recruitment, holiday/rota planning, attendance, training and development.
* Managing promotions, commercial displays, ensuring accurate POS and pricing.
* Analysing sales and liaising with other senior colleagues to ensure effective ordering, stock control and deliveries.
* Working with the Store Manager to maximise retail sales.
* Ensure the diverse customer base receives a first class service and to build appropriate links with the local community.
Skills and experience required:
* A minimum of 2 years retail experience with some experience in a leadership role. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience from a DIY, builders merchants or trade counter environment.
* Experience of planning, resourcing and motivating a team.
* Experience of working with a diverse customer base, ideally with an interest in and empathy of agricultural life.
* Experience of working to key retail performance indicators including sales, profit targets, resource/staff planning, stock and ordering accuracy.
If you enjoy the fast pace of retail, can motivate a team, and have an understanding of rural life we would love to hear from you. As an independent retailer, with a diverse customer base and ambitious plans this is a great opportunity. For an informal chat please call Jo or Katie.
38 hours a week (within store opening times M-F 8-5, Saturdays 9-5 and Sundays 10-4)
22 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays