BI TEAM LEADER (WOLVERHAMPTON)
Being in business for more than 160 years does not just occur by accident. A tangible commitment to customers, upgrading our hire fleet and around-the-clock service ensure we go from strength to strength, year-on-year.
Providing accurate and timely data to our global operations and back-office departments is a key part of IT Services.
We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, business focused and pro-active Business Intelligence Team Lead specialising in Cognos, SQL, SSIS and DTS. The person will not only steer the delivery of current reporting requirements but will also (with appropriate training) drive the development of BI Services within our global ERP implementation. Any candidate with additional Power BI experience would be of particular interest.
This is a challenging role for a change-driven BI professional, offering the possibility to work in a growing and fast-paced global organisation and be part of a truly transformational programme which will significantly move the business forward over the next few years.
Summary of responsibilities:
Managing the Business as usual in the current BI environment
• Be the primary contact for maintaining the current Cognos reporting suite and dashboards; supported by an experienced Cognos Developer.
• Undertake performance tuning to ensure reports function within acceptable parameters.
• Conduct a comprehensive review of all current BI reporting to establish a BAU Reporting Requirements Definition for all business functions.
• Work closely with cross functional teams such as Sales, Operations, and Finance to define and document BI requirements.
Leading the development of future BI
• Be an integral part of the Global ERP Project team to understand new processes and data structures to deliver key business informaton to key users.
• Lead the data migration strategy for BI to ensure that all required historic reporting data sets are migrated into the new application.
• Responsibility for the design, execution and implementation of the reporting requirements needs of the business, through internal and external (sub-contracted) resources.
• Analyse BI requirements and design/develop data warehousing, data integration and reporting solutions to support standard reporting, dashboards, and a self-service environment.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define the business layer and presentation layer of the BI model that is business friendly and supports a self-service environment where appropriate.
• Develop a future BI Strategy in line with a global ERP solution implementation and other business systems.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Conduct techncial/functional testing during the development process.
• Coordinate and organise tests and user acceptance testing.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
• Applicants should possess a computer science degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years Cognos, SQL and SSIS experience.
• Most recent experience must be Business Intelligence focused with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in dashboard and report development using Cognos.
• Ability to successfully manage a team of permanent and project developers and achieve defined project deliverables.
• Good understanding of budgeting, and Finance reporting principles.
• Strong knowledge/experience of Microsoft SQL server with the ability to create databases and database objects (views, stored procedures, functions etc.) plus in-depth experience of ETL techniques and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)