Driver Support Worker
Purpose of Job
To drive Liberty Centre vehicles, to and from Service Users house, Day Centre, supported living unit and other venues as notified by Team leader and Service Coordinators, in a responsible and competent manner, ensuring the safety of service users, staffs, other road users, members of the public and yourself at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Driving Liberty Centre vehicle
- Responsible for the safety, comfort and welfare of Service Users and Liberty Centre staff.
- Carry out driver's daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance.
- Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents, and accidents
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out and ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
- Refuel vehicles as required.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle usage.
- When required, give support to Keyworker while out in the community.
- Support service users with their daily activities.
- Maintain and help to promote a good company image, smart working attire should be worn at all times and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Work within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time
- Work within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the company handbook.
- To undertake any other associated duties as required by the Team leader/Service coordinator.
- Take responsibility for health and safety of vehicle and people on board the vehicle. · Plan appropriate road routes to and from designated daily pickups and activities venues with Liberty Centre team leaders and Service coordinators.
- Attend relevant training courses as identified and agreed.
- Mini-Bus(16 Seater) familiarisation
- First Aid at work