Deputy Headteacher Great Howarth School in Rochdale
Permanent 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking a dynamic individual, who will continue to inspire and motivate our staff and support and encourage our pupils to make excellent progress, whatever their starting point or situation. We are looking for a person who can demonstrate vision, resilience and empathy and can evidence the capacity to deliver both high support and high challenge. We are a 'values-based' organisation and, as such, we expect our leaders to embody our values. A leader at Great Howarth is someone who knows what is important to them and who uses their values, and those of the school, as a guide and a motivator. We are seeking a leader who demonstrates their commitment to our values in an intentional way, using them as a touchstone to define actions, make decisions and fulfil our collective mission.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
* Has a commitment and passion to work with pupils with with social, emotional and mental health needs, along with a range of other difficulties including trauma, attachment and associated challenging behaviours
* Has a clear vision, strong leadership and effective management skills.
* Is an exceptionally enthusiastic and committed leader to manage and motivate pupils and staff, and can lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes.
* Is familiar with the need for creativity in delivering the National Curriculum, whilst supporting pupils to overcome their barriers to learning.
* Has a solid understanding of the new Ofsted Education Inspection Framework is required in order to support the school to develop in line with our vision and objectives
We can offer you:
* The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving, innovative and supportive school, taking a lead role in its development.
The chance to join a talented, highly committed, and supportive staff team