For over three decades our purpose hasn't changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Making people feel good, cared for and smart through the exceptional products, services and value we offer - is what sets us apart.
That's why we need you. We are proud of how far we've come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
The Retail Trainerwill combine their Optical, Audiology and Domiciliary skills with their delivery experience to facilitate learning activities across the business. The role combines different learning techniques to ensure the learners' experience is challenging, practical an effective.
It is a delivery focussed role, facilitating a range of colleague development topics and performance related capability building activities however there will be a requirement to spend time working alongside the retail support teams and local In-Store Trainers as well as supporting on business performance tactics.
For the foreseeable trading period, focus will be on the new customer journey and ways of working in store to rebuild store performance.Key Responsibilities
Skills Ability or Experience
- Facilitate and support learners on colleague development and apprenticeship programmes
- Proactively work with the wider Retail L&D Team to ensure a 'one team' approach
- Proactively work with the Apprenticeship Team to ensure OFSTED standards are exceeded
- Provide challenge, advice and coaching support for In-Store Trainers (IST)
- Work with assigned divisions and regions to support specific stores build capabilities to deliver performance
- Support RRMs on national and local people development initiatives
- Support other regional meetings as appropriate i.e. partner and manager
- Attend and deliver at national people development events
- Utilise appropriate methods to market and communicate the delivery offer locally
- Actively participating in continued professional development
- Facilitate and support the new store opening programme
- Manage the designated Training Centre ensuring standards are exceeded when these are in use