New project administration position working remotely for a charity based in Reading
Your new company
A brilliant charity who are committed to providing education services to children in both the UK and internationally. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a charity that transforms lives in an exciting new project.
Your new role
As a project management coordinator, you will:
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Manage aspects of activity in the absence of the project manager
- Coordinate day-to-day running of the project
- Manage the collection and review of all project monitoring data to track progress and identify issues, collaborating with internal colleagues as appropriate.
- Act as a key point of contact for the project and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders through clear, effective, and timely communications.
- Implement and maintain agreed project management processes and administrative systems to ensure the project runs efficiently and information is up to date and readily available.
- Undertake diary management and organise meetings, attending as appropriate to take minutes, log actions etc. Assist the project manager in the development of plans and milestone charts and ensure progress against deliverables and highlight any issues to the project manager.
- Assist the project manager in the identification of risk and issues; updating and maintaining project AIRAD (Action, Issue, Risk and Decision) logs and other documentation as required.
- Track and maintain assigned budgets, preparing reports for the project manager, escalating any issues in a timely and effective manner. Raise Purchase Orders and receipt goods as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
- A good knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques
- Proven successful experience in a project coordination role, including preparation of project plans, risks and issues logs and management of project action plans
- Evidence of having operated in a pressurised environment
- Experience of working on multiple projects and tasks
- Evidence of monitoring work to ensure its quality and acting to correct problems as they arise
- Ability to manage and analyse project data
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrating commitment and flexibility
- Very strong stakeholder liaison and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams at every level across the organisation and with a wide range of external stakeholders
- Good data management and analyst skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Good team worker
- Excellent IT skills - accurate word processing and expertise in using MS Office applications, including MS PowerPoint
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Concern for detail to ensure the accuracy of information
- Completer finisher
- Prince2 trained at Foundation level
What you'll get in return
The chance to work with an amazing charity and have the opportunity to be part of a new and exciting project What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.