Software Engineering Team Leader
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The primary purpose of the Team Lead is to manage the Software Engineers within their team in Sage Business Cloud Accounting. This includes managing their goals and being the guide for the team.
This team works on implementing legislative changes, customer requested improvements, and road map items to improve Accounting.
This requires demonstration of sound leadership, motivation and team development skills, to inspire a high performing team of engineers.
The role is responsible for ensuring the team have the right tools and skills to succeed, coaching & guiding team members along the way, but more importantly understand how having the right people doing the right thing is key.
They also lead on creating and building maintainable, reliable software, issuing plans to reflect progress, meeting performance and quality standards. They are also responsible for ensuring the effective use of Agile team estimation, and building the capabilities of less experienced developers through coaching and mentoring.
- Influences and drives team consistency to development processes and creation/maintenance of technical documentations and guides
- Partakes and drives participation in Agile processes, leading agile ceremonies where needed.
- Coaches and mentors other developers
- Owns technical relationships with both internal and external partners
- Ensures good communication and escalation practices are adhered to
- Contributes to the wider team development practices to aid continual improvement across the field
- Performs line management of a team of developers including 1-2-1, performance management etc
Product Delivery and ISV