Contract role: starting ASAP - 3 months
Hours: Full time
Location: Swinton, Greater Manchester, M27 5DA
Salary: £ up to 17.06ph (PAYE)
Remote working: Yes with laptop provided
ABOUT THE ROLE
* The post sits on the finance division's accountancy group which consists of management accountancy teams aligned to council directorates and a corporate accountancy team.
* The council is a large, multi-functional organisation. You will provide revenue and/or capital accountancy support on an assigned service area, assisting finance officer level 2s and finance managers in delivering agreed objectives and outcomes.
* You will develop effective working relationships with finance colleagues and with stakeholders in the assigned service area.
* You will maintain accurate financial records on our general ledger and supporting systems.
* You will develop and maintain monitoring systems.
* You will prepare and analyse financial information to contribute to the preparation of accounts, statutory returns and reports on financial performance.
* You will support, advise, direct and coach more junior colleagues and undertake quality reviews of their work to ensure that standards and deadlines are met.
* You will maintain efficient financial processes and records and minimise the risk of fraud or error, helping to secure the council priority of a transparent, effective organisation.
* Your preparation of information will enable senior colleagues to give managers the analysis and advice they need to make robust financial decisions.
* Your monitoring against financial plans will allow senior managers to be given early warning of potential variances, enabling them to take prompt corrective action.
* You will develop a deeper understanding of a service area, enabling you to provide tailored and authoritative advice and guidance on service-specific matters.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
* Proven technical skills and ability in the role with a record of accomplishment for delivering outcomes
* Professional credibility through proven relevant experience
* To model and demonstrate our values and behaviours
* Digital skills in SAP and Microsoft office products
* Awareness of relevant legislation, service policies and strategies
* Ability and willingness to be flexible to reflect our generic approach to providing a finance service to customers
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work with a degree of independence within the general guidelines of policies, procedures and standards
To apply please contact Ann Price (phone number removed)
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website