Job Title: Directorate Business Partner - Service Finance (6-9 month rolling contract)
Salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Birmingham City Council
We are working alongside Birmingham City Council to recruit a Directorate Business Partner to be placed in the Finance department. It will be your responsibility to lead the provision of finance support, advice and challenge to the designated Directorate, provide value-added services, linking operational data and statistics to financial data to provide meaningful analysis for decision making (e.g., unit costs, cost drivers, benchmarking, KPIs etc.), whilst providing positive leadership to a finance team, managing a performance culture focused on results for customers and which uses finance resources to best effect.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To ensure the provision of effective services, in accordance with relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures.
* To have financial awareness that supports the delivery of an affordable, quality service, working within specified budgets.
* To ensure continuous improvement within the designated service areas and benchmark performance against local and national expectations.
* To utilise strategic thinking, adaptability, and flexibility of approach to lead and support within the technical/specialist area to maximise commercial, partnership and enabling opportunities.
* To lead and establish a culture of excellence and encourage the attitudes and respect needed to optimise individuals, talents and develop positive relationships between fellow citizens.
* To lead the principal financial advisory service to a designated Directorate, acting as a trusted adviser to senior stakeholders and providing professional finance services to meet statutory requirements on behalf of the S151 officer.
* To support strategic decision-making by the designated Directorate about the delivery of cost effective and valued services.
Skills & Abilities
* You must be CCAB qualified, or equivalent, with extensive experience of providing a high-quality finance service within a tightly constrained financial environment.
* A clear understanding of local government finance and financial systems, including the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the UK.
* Experience of managing a team of finance staff, including people and resource management.
* A good understanding of business processes and governance gained through extensive experience of financial planning, controlling, and reporting.
* Broad understanding of service delivery models, concepts, and principles, as well as IT and business solutions, gained through business exposure in a diverse range of organisations or services.
* String leadership, influencing, negotiating, and coaching skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please call Guy Hancox on (phone number removed)