VD Recruitment is recruiting for a Deputy Nursery Manager for one of North West London's finest Childcare provider and a Ofsted 'Good' rated nursery.
We are looking for an experienced and efficient Deputy Nursery Manager for their branch at West Hampstead. You will work closely with the Nursery Manager to assist in providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children and collaboratively work with colleagues, parents, carers and other multi professionals. Be committed to safeguarding and create an inclusive environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Level 3 qualification in Childcare or above. Must have strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Salary Offered - £23k - £28k Depending on Experience
Location - West Hampstead, NW6
Hours - 40 hours / week. The nursery operates 49 weeks per year closed for 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter plus all the bank holidays in addition the staff have an additional 5 days leave in their first year of service and 10 thereafter.
Duties for the Deputy Nursery Manager:
* Deputise for the Manager.
* Oversee the smooth running of the nursery.
* Lead the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
* Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
* Creating stimulating activities for children inside and outside the nursery.
* Carrying out joint/peer observations.
* Working closely with room leaders.
* Sharing information with parents
* Staff training.
* Participating in team meetings.
Experience , Qualification & Skills Required for the ideal Deputy Nursery Manager:
* Childcare qualified to Level 3 or above from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE).
* You may have experience of the following: Senior Room Leader, Room Manager, Third-in-charge, Acting Deputy Manager, Deputy Manager
* Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports as directed by the Manager.
* Strong knowledge of the EYFS.
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv