Service Delivery Team Leader
* Competitive salary + company vehicle
* Region - Home Based covering South & Southwest (including Wales) of England
Who are we?
We are Voneus! We are well on the way to becoming the UK'S leading Rural Broadband Provider. We have the chance to impact our customer's lives in such a positive way, and are taking on the challenge with passion, energy and excitement. We look for these characteristics in all our people.
We are a close knit team- we recruit the best people and seek to structure roles around their strengths to ensure we have the very best person in each role. We know that goals change, people change, and day-to-day business evolves. So, before anything, always expect change and be ready to go with it! We try to keep our organisation flat. corporate, rigid org charts never survive the realities of building a great company. Making this a reality needs flexible people who are capable of both self-direction, attention to detail and outstanding communication.
The role of the Service Delivery Team Leader is to support the functional Service Delivery Engineers within a defined area across various Projects and Clients. The primary focus is the day-to-day management of the Field based team, ensuring that works are planned and delivered to plan, to the agreed standards and specifications. The role also enjoys an element of technical development and on-site training of the engineers on both FWA and FTTP, ensuring compliance to H&S requirements. Projects will vary from new FWA Network builds, Technology Upgrades, Equipment swaps & Maintenance, Site Audits, TX LOS, Corporate Solutions (CCTV)as well as the resolution of faults and Service Calls.
What will you be doing?
* Develop and promote a technical culture of installation best practise within Voneus, setting high standards from the outset to ensure sites are built, accepted/handed over within the timeframes required for the Business.
* Support Management with definition of work scope for site design and build activities.
* Ensure that all Service Delivery staff, and specialist contractors fully understand all technical requirements associated with the delivery of services within the projects.
* Interface with Suppliers to resolve and promote a culture of innovation to overcome installation and build issues.
* Innovate process of continuous improvement to reduce cycle times, abortive and repeat visits for installation work.
* Advise on install issues and on design specifications prior to build.
* Coach and mentor, the Engineers in relation to overcoming issues on sites.
Required skills and experience:
* Proven background in Fixed Wired Access, FTTP and/or Mobile Network deployment
* Demonstrable knowledge of MicroTik and Ubiquity products (or similar)
* Good knowledge of the installation of Radios, CAT5, Fibre, Routers and Power systems and how to fix them.
* Experienced in developing skills and technical knowledge transfer across teams and Site Engineers.
* Excellent I.T. and database skills. (MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel)
* Experienced in Working at Heights, either on ladders, masts/towers or MEWPs.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Ability to prioritise workload and meet key deadlines in a pressurised, target driven environment, whilst maintaining a customer focused ethos
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to build positive relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Can identify when the Business needs to be informed of outages during works and that this is robustly managed during works.
* Initiates and manages change to drive process improvement.
(Please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
* Competitive salary with a Company Vehicle
* Employer pension contributions up to 8%
* 25 annual leave days + 1 annual leave day for birthday
Additional Locations available
* Region - Home Based covering the Northern Region of England
* Region - Home Based covering Central & Eastern England