As the UK's fastest growing and largest independent drinks wholesaler, LWC Drinks employ over 900 people, with 14 depots across the UK as well as a Support Centre, based in Manchester.
With over 8000 different product lines and 13,500 on-trade customers, LWC delivers the broadest range and greatest service available in the UK drinks industry. We provide fantastic support services which enable our customers to not only maximise their sales, but also provide their own customers with a higher-quality experience.
We are looking to recruit a talented, entrepreneurial and tenacious Account Manager based in Yorkshire. As one of the premier wine merchants in the UK, a background in wine sales would be preferable, but above all the applicant needs to have a strong work ethic and the ability to target new business which is both commercially viable and sustainable.
A Brief Overview:
- To deliver the pre agreed budgeted margin for the designated post code area.
- To increase the number of trading accounts in the post code area by achieving a pre-agreed new business target.
- To retain the existing customer base and grow the spend per account through category up selling.
- To represent the company to the market and to represent the market to the company
- Delivering your contribution of the depot gross margin.
- Manage the debt ledger for your area, including correct completion of company account forms and the timely collection of cash and cheque where appropriate.
- Delivering targets on drive brands with brand partners.
- Over delivering on every aspect of customer service you can affect.
- To have the overriding responsibility, duty of care and management of your accounts from start to finish.
- Liaise effectively with all other departments including telesales, credit control, sales support, distribution and administration.
- Organisation of technical installations on draught beer dispenses equipment.
- Consulting with customers to offer impartial advice on promotional activity to help them grow their businesses.
- Liaising with brand representatives currently operating in your area.
- To successfully promote LWC Drinks own brand products.
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Use of Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets and records
- Good team work skills
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Good specialist knowledge of the drinks industry, products and the on trade market.
Qualifications and experience required
- WSET Level 1 preferred
- Commercial experience in selling wine (on-trade preferred)
- Good track record in sales and meeting growth targets
- 12 months experience as an Account Manager in a drinks led business
What we offer:
- £Competitive Plus Bonus Scheme
- Office/Field based, with travel throughout Yorkshire
- Mobile Phone & Laptop
- Company Car & Fuel Card
- Work & Travel Expenses
- 28 Days' Holiday (including Bank Holidays)