Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Salary: £20,000.00 - £25,000.00 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent / Full time
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Base: Mainly office based with some flexibility around remote working,
Vybe Resource is working with a highly technical software development company looking for a candidate to join their management team in Stonehouse in the role of Assistant Project Manager.
The company builds bespoke software systems for a wide range of customers, mostly web-based business software.
This is an entry level / junior position and would be ideal for a recent Software Engineering or Computer Science graduate looking for a stepping stone into the industry.
Primary Development Platforms
* 2:1 or better degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject.
* Good experience with using SQL and managing databases (e.g. SQL Server or MySQL) (2 years + experience).
* We will also consider applications from non-graduates, who wants to embark on a career in project management.
* You will need a technical mind, preferably with a reasonable general knowledge of I.T.
* Hands-on exposure to a range of software technologies.
* Demonstrable experience/aptitude for organising projects and resources.
* Ability to work personably with customers.
* Assist with managing projects.
* Work with customers to document requirements and create prototypes using prototyping tools.
* Attend meetings with customers to document requirements and discuss project progress.
* Liaise with our software developers via Skype and e-mail to provide tasks for them and resolve any queries they have.
* Manage project milestones and ensure invoices are issued.
* Assist with incoming support tickets from live customers under support (working with the Support Manager).
* Design and plan software implementation projects.
* Assist in reviewing the work of the programming team.
* Test software.
* Help to ensure the development team meets milestones and deadlines.
* Work with customer and internal SQL databases, writing queries and fixing data if required.
* Triage technical problems with systems as they arise