We are currently looking for Sport Science graduates and Sport and Exercise graduates to join an amazing corporate team offering health and wellbeing checks to corporate clients, local government employees and Police staff to name a few.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise the skills attained while studying for your degree within a business environment.
My client, a large independent provider of Occupational Health and Wellbeing, are looking to recruit another graduate to work as Occupational Health Technicians. You will be required to cover some of their main sites around London and the outskirts of London. You will be delivering Fitness for Work and Health Surveillance medicals for safety critical staff. . The candidate should be able to drive and manage their own diary. You will be provided with a van and expected to travel. You will be working as part of a team, however you will be required to work autonomously.
These current roels are within the mobile teaam, so you need to need to be prepared to stay away from home during the week. Overnight stays could be up to four nights a week, and while that is very unlikely to happen every week, we are looking to make people aware of the amount of overnight travel that could be expected at times. This is an essential part of the role so it is essential that you are happy with that element.
In return you will be offered a full induction package learning all aspects of the role. The company offer excellent benefits and holiday entitlements and it is a perfect entry role for a graduate looking for a career within the health industry.
After full training you will be involved in the following:
- provision of health screening and health surveillance programmes for a variety of clients.
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities.
- Recording and maintaining clear , concise medical records.
- Ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite .
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
- Maintaining high professional standards at all time
- Work to strict protocols and procedures set by medical professionals.
- Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:
1) Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI.
2) Blood Pressure
4) Audiometry and Otoscopy
6) Vision Testing
7) Cholesterol Testing
8) Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor
9) Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment
10) Skin Health Surveillance
11) HAVS Health Surveillance
Skills and Experiences
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Basic IT Skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and stay away from home in hotels throughout the UK
- Full clean driving licence
The roles are expected to start on 9th August 2021 so if you are interested please get in touch asap