Role: Finance Business Partner Indoor & Commercial
Location: Oldbury (flexibility to split time between office and home working)
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 + Benefits
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
This is the job
You will be a key member of the commercial finance team responsible for the financial management of the AA's Roadside business.
Roadside Operations is the Customer Service element of Britain's leading Breakdown provider, comprising both Indoor (call centre) and Outdoor (Patrols/Garages) Customer Service. Focused on its position as UK market leading breakdown organisation, servicing as efficiently and effectively with a current cost base of approx. £270m and approx. 4200 employees.
This newly created role is responsible for performance analysis working alongside the Financial Planning & Analysis team, the Business Partnering Team and the Financial Reporting Team, to provide reporting and insight in to historic and projected performance.
The role will take accountability and ownership for the Financial Management and Reporting for both the Indoor Operations and Commercial P&Ls, Balance Sheet's and Cashflows. The role provides all aspects of financial support to the business and their teams, including commercial support, challenge and strategic decision making.
Key partnerships with the Director of Customer Service & Head of Roadside Operations and Head of Commercial, and their respective teams, to understand how key operational KPIs link to and impact the operational cost base.
In addition to partnering with Finance colleagues you'll be a direct interface into the Planning & Performance and MI teams.
What will I be doing?
* Support analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget
* Pro-actively work with and challenge the business on all aspects of performance
* Ownership and accountability for forecasting, budgeting and reporting of Revenue and EBITDA for areas of responsibility, understanding all elements of performance to ensure accuracy and effective decisions can be made over this.
* Ownership of balance sheet and cashflow performance to ensure appropriate control, working closely with the financial reporting team to ensure accuracy
* Understanding the financial impact of Operational KPI performance, with ability to understand and explain the financial impact of these clearly to senior management.
* Forecast, understand and track benefits from cost savings/efficiency projects
* Contribute to the monthly business review packs, for director and exec review meetings, including completion of detailed commentary over cash, balance sheet and EBITDA performance for Indoors and Commercial, with all variances explained and understood.
* Work across the Operations finance team to develop and embed an Indoor cost to 'serve' ensuring clarify of definition and calculation. Use this to ensure operational performance develops such that the cost to serve is minimised and deviations from the forecast level are well understood and explained.
* Be an integral part of the improvement of Road Operations reporting, forecasting and MI to provide both accurate and timely financial information, giving transparency and insight into business performance.
* Develop full understanding of financial modelling undertaken for the outdoors cost base. Work with the business to agree and own financial assumptions to be input into any financial forecasts, and understand and track Risks & Opportunities against these forecasts on an ongoing basis
* Ad-hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team.
* Responsible for building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* A confident self-starter, with a hands-on approach and the ability to operate within a dynamic environment
* Proven experience working in a Senior Business Partnering role in a large, fast-paced, complex organisation
* You will have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including tenacity, and credibility, to influence, negotiate and communicate at a senior level within the business.
* A dynamic, hands-on approach with an eye for detail is essential. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to assimilate information and understanding quickly
* Strong motivational skills with the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
* Knowledge of the industry is an advantage
* Gravitas and ability to challenge operational management to ensure; growth of profitability in the Commercial arena, and the Indoor cost per case is minimised whilst customer service levels are maintained or improved
* Strong analytical skills, including structured problem solving, modelling, business analysis
* Commercial acumen and a proactive, 'results orientated' approach
* Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
* Accurate, thorough and reliable
* Excellent Microsoft Excel/Office skills
As a valued member of our team, you'll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you're looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you're looking for here.
We're always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you'll have access to, as part of our team:
* Discounted home and motor insurance
* Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We're an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon. #HeadOffice