Job Title: Finance Analyst (CVM)
Location: Basingstoke (flexibility to split time between office and home working)
Contract: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
This is the job
The successful candidate will be joining AA Consumer finance team which partners and supports the Commercial Team behind the AA's core breakdown business. The Consumer division generates an annual turnover of £480m to the AA across the core breakdown product and a number of add-on products.
This role will provide financial support to the retention and pricing teams who generate a significant proportion of the Consumer revenue. This role will assist the Senior Finance Business Partner to gain an enhanced understanding of the financial performance of the renewal book and pricing strategy and will work closely with the Customer Value Management team to help achieve budgeted EBITDA.
What will I be doing?
* Provide analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget and present this information at monthly
* Improve financial performance by providing insightful analysis and challenging the business where necessary
* Work closely with the CVM team to ensure the financial implications of all decisions are fully understood
* Work with the Pricing team to understand the renewal pricing models and the financial implications of any changes to pricing strategy
* Create business cases for any retention or pricing initiatives
* Work with the CVM team to ensure results of any new initiatives or strategy changes are accurately reported and compared to original expectations
* Work with the CVM team to improve the accuracy of the retention and pricing forecasts. Ensure these forecasts are fully reflected in the finance forecast and that the CVM team have full ownership of their forecast.
* Assist with making improvements to the reporting and forecasting of customer volumes and leaver volumes
* Work with the CVM team to enhance the monthly and intra month reporting of retention performance
* Understand the causes of differences between finance renewal & pricing data and CVM renewal & pricing data, and the implications of these differences
* Understand the impact changes in retention and pricing strategy can have on other areas within the Consumer division and wider Roadside business, working with the rest of the Finance team to ensure all impacts are understood
* Support in the identification of opportunities or risks to planned financial out-turns by attending regular meetings with the CVM
* Adhere to Corporate Governance guidelines, ensuring all spend is signed off by appropriate
* Support for Head of Finance & Senior Finance Business Partner on ad hoc projects according to the needs of the business
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Financially numerate with an educational
* Experience and background in a management accounting
* business partnering experience
* strong analytical ability
* Commercially astute
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently
Education and Qualifications:
* Graduate level education
* Part qualified or newly qualified
* Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
* An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
As a valued member of our team, you'll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you're looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you're looking for here.
We're always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you'll have access to, as part of our team:
* Discounted home and motor insurance
* Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We're an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon. #HeadOffice