Are you passionate about finance and provide high quality support to schools? Our Client is seeking an skilled Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
£31,346-£33,782 pa FTE - (pay award pending)
Full Time, 30 hours over 5 days - Term Time + 2 weeks, permanent
Location Kidlington Oxford OX5
Working as part of the central Finance team and alongside schools ensuring effective financial control, proper accounting practice and accurate reporting of the Trust's resources. Providing support to School Business Managers. Supporting the Finance Director and the Trust accountant with Trust reporting.
This role is directly responsible for providing support to schools' SBMs as well as other members of the central Finance team. This involves:
* Working alongside schools providing training, advice on accounting issues & processes and operational support.
* Support and monitor schools to carry out regular reconciliation of all control accounts, bank accounts, credit cards and payroll reconciliations
* Supporting schools in reforecasting in the budgeting software (Access Education Budgets)
* Support schools with monitoring performance against budget at reporting periods and report any area of concern
* Assisting schools in preparing the 3 Year budget
* Promoting awareness and understanding of financial procedures and regulations to ensure effective financial control and good practice financial management
* Helping identify best practice for Trust finance tasks
* Working closely with the central finance team to ensure the Trust month end accounts closedown procedures are as effective as possible
* Trust Bank and credit card administration
* Preparing monthly VAT returns
* Maintaining the fixed assets register
* Posting central trust journals and internal recharges
* Maintaining the Finance members area
* Ad hoc project work when required
Other duties and accountabilities:
* Maintaining an awareness of legislation and guidance from funding bodies on finance, tax, VAT, NI and other relevant matters
* Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, Health & Safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to the Finance Director
* Ensuring compliance with the Academy Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equalities Policies and taking an active role in promoting equality and diversity
* Promoting the Academy Trust's policies on behaviour for learning, and demonstrating a commitment to providing a caring and stimulating environment and improving standards for all pupils within Trust
* Undertaking such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post
* Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
* Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and prevent extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply for the Finance Business Partner role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Finance Business Partner job, just click "apply" today and you will be directed to the company website where you can complete your application and submit any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Business Finance, Education, VAT Returns, compliance, budgets, financial control, budgeting, accounting practice