We are working with a local company looking to recruit a Divisional Accountant is this newly created role. Working for this established business, you will report to the Group Finance Director and take responsibility for the day-to-day processing of accounting information for a number of the group companies. Duties will include, but not exclusively:
* Completion of new supplier account applications
* Checking of supplier invoices against received PO's and delivery information
* Resolving of delivery related queries with the operational teams
* Coding and input of purchase invoices
* Reconciliation of purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements
* Resolving purchase and sales invoice queries
* Supplier payments on a regular basis
* Raising sales invoices where applicable
* Allocating monies received
* Undertaking bank reconciliations - multi currency and upload to Sage 50
* Assisting in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
* Customer and product analysis
* Additional ad-hoc project or accounts work as required
The ideal candidate will have relevant accounting experience, be motivated, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Intermediate Excel as a minimum, Sage 50 experience would be advantageous but not a necessity, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.