An exciting new DIVISIONAL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT opportunity at DX!***
We have a GREAT new position based in Willenhall. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is part qualified through CIMA or ACCA Qualifications
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about you progressing your career with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
This is a role working closely as a business partner with the Operations and Sales Teams
The successful applicant will :-
* Work with all teams to ensure the Weekly and Monthly P&L's are accurate and submitted on a timely basis
* Assist in carrying out financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting for all locations
* Ensure that appropriate analysis is provided to the relevant parties on a timely basis and also to support with all ad-hoc information requests
* Maintenance of the Weekly P&L and supporting files and ensuring the weekly timetable is achieved
* Actively participate in the preparation of the Depot's budgets to ensure consistency and accuracy in their completion
* Prepare the depot's Monthly management accounts in order that the operational management team are able to properly assess the financial performance of that location, region or nationally
* Analysing and understanding variance to budget and prior periods; highlighting any potential areas of concerns to the appropriate people
* Must be willing and able to visit the depots around the country and assist in training non-financial staff to better use and complete the existing reports
* Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment schedules
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Actively participate in various ad-hoc projects
* Strong excel skills in particular knowledge around creation and maintenance of VBA Macros
* Ideally, minimum 2 years' experience in accounting function; preferably still studying for professional exams
* The candidate would ideally have experience of supporting a multi-site regional P&L structure
* Used to working to and achieving tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
* Some experience of preparation of management accounts and involvement in operating profit budgets
* Large financial systems experience desirable
* Driving licence
* Keen eye for detail
* Tenacity to ensure business unit timetables are met
* 'Quality in everything we do, get it right first time' attitude
* Strong communication skills are essential
* Have strong analytical and organisational skills and a questioning approach
* Be a team player with ability to follow procedures and guidelines to achieve successful team outcomes
* Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
* Laptop, Phone