This is an exciting opportunity as we are looking to recruit a Risk Manager who will be responsible for leading the Risk Management team with a focus on ensuring that the embedded risk management framework is utilised effectively by the 1st line. You will provide leadership, oversight, guidance and challenge on the identification, control and effective management of risk. You will be responsible for ensuring a control framework exists that demonstrates whether these risks are managed within risk appetite and in accordance with regulatory expectations.
What you will be doing
* Overall responsibility for maintaining the charity's risk management framework, policies, processes and systems to ensure effective risk oversight that meets regulatory requirements. This includes the roll-out of control self-assessment.
* Work with the charity and its subsidiaries to embed a risk culture and risk management practices that are focused on helping the charity to achieve its strategic objectives.
* Oversee an effective framework for the identification, management and resolution of risk events reported across the organisation, working with key stakeholders on the highest priority risk events.
* Provide guidance on all aspects of risk management and categories of risk, assessing emerging internal and external threats and opportunities.
* Monitor risk information provided from risk and control data and from business areas, challenging the adequacy and completeness of the information generated, driving recommendations for improvement and obtaining management agreement to their implementation.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the charity and its group entities.
* Where appropriate, and in coordination with the Director of Risk & Compliance; builds and maintains relationships with third parties, including regulators, suppliers and professional bodies.
* Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the team to achieve delivery of the team plan.
Experience and knowledge
* Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Relevant risk management qualification (IRM or equivalent) and/or significant experience of risk management techniques (operational, business continuity, conduct, strategic etc) in a large to medium sized enterprise.
* A confident communicator at senior management level.
* Highly developed stakeholder management expertise.
* Knowledge of financial services and more specifically debt management sector (desirable)
Skills and abilities
* Strong communication and influencing skills;
* Proven leadership skills with results orientation
* Commercial business focus
* Strong interpersonal skills and capable of making a significant contribution to effective working relationships
* Capable of developing pragmatic solutions
* Highly motivated with integrity
* Effective in challenging views and opinions
* Highly organised, pragmatic and analytical
We value our colleagues
We don't just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
* 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
* The ability to buy and sell annual leave
* Travel season ticket loans
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Group personal pension scheme
* Westfield Health cash plan
* Employee assistance programme
* Financial planning
* Long service awards