We are looking for a proactive and experienced Internal Communications Officer to join us on a fixed term contract to play a vital role in developing the internal communications strategy for an important defence customer.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Programme Director and CIO, Chief Architect and Technical Programme Manager to develop the internal communications and stakeholder engagement strategy to create and execute effective internal communications and manage change.
If you have the experience and ability to develop a strategic internal communications strategy as well as getting involved in day-to-day tasks, you will thrive in this role.
Key accountabilities include:
* Design and deliver an internal communication strategy that builds trust and engagement to different audiences across multiple sites
* Ensure all internal communications are in line with and support the programme strategy
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand audience needs and create engaging communications to meet desired objectives
* Promote a consistent 'One Team' culture in all communications
* Proactively identify opportunities to enhance stakeholder engagement and relationships via internal communication
* Develop a strong internal network and share best practice with stakeholders
* Develop and monitor feedback mechanisms and report results back into the leadership team. Adjust internal communication strategies and plans as necessary.
* Support the Programme Director in leading senior level communications, and develop internal communications plans for the leadership team and other functions as required
Having previously developed internal communications strategies for multi-site organisations in a B2B environment, you'll be a creative, pro-active communications professional with the ability to develop engaging strategies and content.
Key attributes are:
* Previous experience within a similar role is essential
* Excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills
* Degree Educated
* Experience working with and influencing senior stakeholders
* Team player who can demonstrate collaboration
* Project management and strategic planning skills
* Pro-active approach to work; motivated, organised and the ability to work at pace, including out of hours effort as and when required
* Good attention to detail; maintaining high standards of delivery, quality and accuracy
* Experience of utilising a wide range of channels, to creatively and effectively deliver messages
* Highly computer literate and experienced with standard MS Office applications, including problem solving in these applications in a proposals environment
This is a fixed term contract up to February 2022. Some travel may be required between customer sites.
MASS are an equal opportunities employer