Five Education are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in a mainstream secondary school in West Bristol from September 2021 and will last until Christmas, or potentially longer.
You will be working in an SEND base environment, supporting students who have EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan) and their primary need is SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental & Health needs). Some of the young people have additional needs including Autism.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Working with the class teacher on differentiation and helping students access a tailored curriculum
* Assisting students in their work, some support will be in small groups, some will be in classes, supporting a specific child, helping them to remain focussed and on task
* Supporting young people with SEND, including ASC and SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulty)
* Helping the class teacher with differentiation so all students can access the curriculum
* Working with small groups or in a 1:1 setting
* Implementing behaviour management tools
* Helping students to develop self-regulation techniques, and learn when they need to employ them
* Be flexible and willing to work with students outside the classroom
* Keeping students engaged in lessons
* Supporting students in the transition back to school after a considerable break
* At least 12 months of experience working with young people
* 6 months of experience working with young people who have SEN
* Knowledge of autism-friendly approaches
* Knowledge of PECS/Makaton
* Be highly resilient
* A proactive approach to assisting children in their work
* Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
* Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
* Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
* Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level