Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), London Borough of Greenwich
Long Term Contract from September 2021
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join a welcoming and vibrant mainstream Primary School in the London Borough of Greenwich in September 2021 on a long-term contract.
About the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role:
* The HLTA role will be working with Year 6 Intervention.
* As an HLTA you will be required to support the class teacher with all elements of the school day to raise attainment & the quality of learning.
* The HLTA will motivate and support the development of children.
* As part of this HLTA role there will also be the opportunity to work as a cover teacher, meaning you will benefit from quality time developing your teaching skills.
* The successful HLTA will need to act on their own initiative as well as be willing to follow instruction.
The successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant will:
* Hold HLTA status.
* Raise the standards of pupils learning.
* Prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, small groups or the class as a whole with a strong focus on phonics.
* Assess pupil progress.
* Have an up to date & enhanced DBS.
* Have relevant experience supporting pupils in UK Primary Schools and Education settings.
* Have the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with staff, pupils, and parents.
This Higher Level Teaching Assistant position is offered on a long-term contract basis with a strong possibility of progressing into a permanent role. The Primary School is located in the Borough of Greenwich with easy access to the overground train services.
About the School:
This fantastic primary school prides itself on being a friendly, exciting, and stimulating place to learn. Not just for the students, but for the teachers as well. The school will provide you with the opportunity to develop innovative patterns of classroom practice as an HLTA. You will benefit from the school's extensive facilities and exceptional support provided by the dedicated and skilled staff team.
If you feel you are the right fit for this role please apply through this advert or contact Gavin at Gain Education to organise a fully paid trial day ASAP.
No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Gain Education is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community