I am recruiting for a national charity with HQ based in Central London. They are a membership organisation who undertake charity work to supoort worthy causes. They urgently require an additional Communications Executive to join their Comms and Marketing Team of 6 staff. This is a key role in developing the long term aims of the charity and one from which you will derive significant professional and personal development and satisfaction / making a difference!
You will play a vital support role in the new strategic development of the charity's communications and marketing strategy by being a key point of contact for its membership and donors. In order to achieve this the candidate will support the Communications Manager by helping to build relationships with new, potential and existing members and donors.
• Supporting the Communications Manager to develop and implement strategies to build recruitment and aid retention of members, and to improve the stakeholder experience
• Track member activity and report stats back to the Communications Manager
• Continuously improve a member's experience, ensuring team members are effectively supported with data analysis, materials and impact stories, for use during face-to-face, over-the-phone and email communications
• Be one of the main points of contact for regional membership coordinators and handle their queries and requests in a timely manner. You will ensure they are fully informed and equipped to deliver the charity's national initiatives. You will also collate information from regional membership coordinators and feedback this information to the Communications Manager
• Assisting the Communications Manager with the ongoing development of regional membership coordinators skills to keep them up-to-date with communications trends to best serve their regions
• Help maintain the new membership database with the timely inputting of data
• Help create and develop new communications toolkits for the regional membership coordinators. Keep all communications toolkits up-to-date and relevant at all times and ensure they are loaded to the new membership website
• Act as an ambassador for the charity and champion its work at events and other face-to-face channels including regular visits to the regions to engage with regional membership coordinators.
• Help with the implementation of the annual Membership Forum
• Help to distribute the weekly bulletin to members
• Help the Communications Manager to build a new membership website for the use of members
• Write and collate blogs for the new member website
• You will create and publish engaging content on new members' website to help increase member engagement
• Help with the new Annual Report to gather statistics, imagery etc.
• Collate regular feedback from members of the value of their membership and associated benefits via surveys and face-to-face meetings
• Liaising with designers to produce all corporate collateral
• Send out any surveys required in the absence of the marketing executive
Must have skills:
• You will be someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in the team and across the organisation. You will have the ability to work closely with the existing team and key partners to deliver a strategy that engages members of the public by showcasing the benefits of the charity
• You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours as required to meet team objectives and ultimately member needs, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance. You will demonstrate a positive 'can do' attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all times
• You will be creative and have excellent writing and proof reading skills. Experience in Mailchimp, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable