Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Salary: Circa £25,000 - £26,000
An Assistant Accountant is required for a valued client of Edwards & Pearce. This position requires applicants to assist the Senior Finance Team with the production of management accounts, month/year end, prepayments/ accruals, cash flow and financial analysis though this list is not exhaustive. It is fundamental applicants are suitably experienced and possess advanced IT literacy. An AAT qualification would be beneficial, practical experience of the above is essential.
* A new full time and permanent vacancy
* Assist with monthly management accounts, P&L, cash flow, prepayments, accruals, reconciliations, financial analysis.
* Assist the transactional accounts team with ledgers and accounts queries
* Preparation of payroll and management of related queries
* Study support available once the role becomes permanent
* Vibrant, professional working environment
* Must possess recent / relevant experience gained in a busy accounts environment
* Possess solid transactional accounts experience
* Have an understanding of monthly management accounts
* Advanced IT literacy especially Microsoft Word & Excel
* Reliable, proactive, tenacious, have confidence to challenge financial information
* Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with 11 specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
* Established in 1998
* Employ approx 30 staff
* 2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
* Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
* Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc's, blue chip organisations and SME's , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
* From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments.
* It is the policy of Edwards & Pearce to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law