Finance Officer (Maternity Cover)
£22,000 - £23,000
Temporary - 12 Months Contract
37.5 per week
A great opportunity with one of our prestigious cleints to work as a Finance Officer on a 12 month Contract. Working within a team of 4, you will be ideally AAT qualified.
Work within the Central Finance Team (CFT) to meet the Charity and Finance team objectives of the Generalate Finance Office.
* Maintain timely and accurate Purchase, Sales Ledgers and other records of allocated units. Management and Maintenance of all allocated Bank accounts.
* Manage allocated Communities accounts reviews and queries.
* Process and manage Intercompany recharges and reconciliations. Systems development and improvements for increased efficiencies.
* Assist in preparing timely and accurate management reports, annual accounts, budgets and supporting documents for Audit Purposes.
* Manage daily mail, filing and accurate record keeping.
* Liaise with CFT to support the administration function of the Generalate Finance Office Assist and support the Central Finance Team where required.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Work closely with your direct line manager and FD, keeping them informed of all matters that could affect the workflow of deliverables.
* Maintain all ledgers, accounting records and bank accounts on Sage, ensuring the finance function is maintained and the regular reconciliation of bank and other cash and balance sheet control accounts. Ensure all records and databases are accurately and promptly updated.
* Review bank balances and timely settlement of Supplier invoices and other payments as advised.
* Manage supplier payments. Ensuring all payments are appropriately authorised. Setup payments online or write up cheque payments for authorisation.
* Manage the purchasing process by ensuring that relevant authorisations are obtained in line with set Finance Policies and Procedures; Correctly code and post all invoices to ledgers in a timely manner; Settle all invoices by their due dates; Follow up on any queried invoices and resolve in a timely manner; Accrue all significant costs for management accounts where invoices have not yet been received.
* Assist in preparing regular and timely management accounts together with supporting schedules and detailed commentaries to explain variances against budget; constantly work towards improving the quality of financial reporting; review all workflows to improve operating efficiencies and reduce the time required in collating data and preparing accounts.
Ideally AAT qualified
Knowledge of Sage and Excel
If you are interested in this position click 'apply' now'
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role