Purple Rocket Recruitment is working with a well known organisation based in Leicester who is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team. The Group currently represents over 21 of the world's most prestige vehicle brands; in over 140 dealerships across the UK, who provide a fantastic working environment and are committed to 'Developing Talent' and 'Building Careers'.
This role will be perfect for someone who wants a career within finance and with a company that offers excellent support and career progression. You will support the day to day functions of the accounts department primarily operating within the purchase ledger. The role will involve;
* Checking incoming and outgoing payments for accuracy
* Compiling reports on sales, expenditure, marketing and other accounting activity for senior management
* Managing incoming post and ensuring that queries are allocated to the correct department
* Dealing with incoming invoices
* Reconciling accounting data to ensure accuracy
* Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
* Liaising with suppliers to resolve queries
* Using accounting software
Previous experience and a good working knowledge of accounting routines is essential. The role would ideally suit a candidate who is currently studying towards an AAT qualification or equivalent.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30 - 5.00pm