This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to join a market leading growing manufacturing group.
Reporting into the Group Finance Director, it is a hands-on role with a broad remit and would be ideally suited to a strong technical accountant with a high level of commercial acumen and experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
* Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finance function, including Management Accounts, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury & FP&A with the support of an administrative assistant
* Providing finance business partnering support to site
* Preparing accurate and timely costings for new business and updating pricing for current work
* Ensuring robust financial controls and documented processes are in place including the preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Delivery of accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly MI to the business to facilitate effective decision making; ability to automate processes to continuously adapt and improve
* Analysing financial and operational results to better understand business performance
* Coordinate and develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts and monitor actual performance against plans
* Ensure all statutory returns and financial statements are prepared accurately in a timely manner
* Support Group Finance Director to develop the ERP system including awareness of BI tools/KPI monitoring
* Financial modelling as required to support business investment decisions
* Ad hoc assistance to the Group Finance Director as required
Experience and qualifications required:
* Minimum 3 years PQE, preferably ACA or CIMA with strong technical background
* Experience in a manufacturing environment essential
* High attention to detail with ability to take a step back and carry out a high level review
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple work streams with strong adherence to deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships
* Strong work ethic with a 'Can do' attitude and a desire to 'go the extra mile'
* Significant analytical skillset with strong problem solving ability
* Knowledge of advanced modelling techniques (excel) preferable
* High level of commercial acumen
* Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision