Kingston Upon Hull
* Strong Bookkeeping experience.
* AAT Level or equivalent.
* Competent user of Excel.
* Numerical and attention to detail.
About the Company
My client, based in Kingston Upon Hull, is a privately owned, highly entrepreneurial organisation, with an impressive track record of growth in recent years. The need has arisen to recruit a high calibre Accounts Assistant to support the Finance Manager and wider Group Finance Function.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working as part of a small dedicated group finance team your responsibilities will include:
* Sales Ledger posting and account reconciliation dealing with queries in an effective and timely manner.
* Processing supplier (overhead & administration) invoices.
* Reconciliation of supplier invoices to ensure the records held are current, correct and accurate to agreed pricing.
* Daily Bank reconciliations.
* Post bank payments/receipt and petty cash journals for daily and weekly transactions.
* Daily cash/petty cash posting and reconciliation.
* Management and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
* Process month end journals.
* Reconcile credit card statements and transactions.
* Problem solving and dealing with complex queries.
* Provide support to the Finance Manager and wider finance team with other ad hoc accounting duties.
* AAT or equivalent practical accounting experience.
* Numeracy and attention to detail are essential.
* Good knowledge of Excel, able to build spreadsheet models as needed.
* Experience of ERP system ideally Microsoft Nav.
* A responsible and professional approach to the role.
* Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner essential.
* A 'can do' attitude and not a barrier to change.
* Always looking to improve the systems and processes and not to 'stand still