We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. Our client is the UK's leading embedded finance provider, using innovative technology to enable partner firms to provide their consumer customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in game-changing customer experience.
Founded with strong values, they are passionate about making people's lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via their platform but they are forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025.
As the Enterprise & Operational Risk Manager, you will report to the Chief Risk Officer and will be responsible for implementing and embedding the Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Framework. As part of the growing Risk team, you will work cross-functionally with the opportunity to work with a variety of different stakeholders including the founders, the senior leadership team members, third parties and many more.
Responsibilities of the Enterprise & Operational Risk Manager:
* Collaborate effectively with the Chief Risk Officer and business to implement and embed the Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Framework.
* Identify key operational risks and take responsibility for ensuring appropriate remediation plans are in place and tracked as part of risk governance committees.
* Accountable for the Operational Risk framework, methodology, and requirements.
* Assist the development of common processes to drive consistent application of the Operational Risk Framework across the business.
* Oversee the business' implementation of the Operational Risk framework and ongoing execution e.g., Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA / risk register), Key Risk Indicators, risk incidents, operational losses, scenario analysis, etc.
Required skills and experience of the Enterprise & Operational Risk Manager:
* At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Operational Risk Management and/or Enterprise Risk in Financial Services and/or FinTech sector are highly desirable
* Ability to identify and drive improvements in Operational Risk Framework
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to gain the confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills
* Conceptual and strategic/forward thinker
* Broad knowledge of risk management and regulatory framework
* Proven track record of execution and delivery