12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£22,000 - £25,000
SF Recruitment are currently working with an excellent business in Loughborough who are seeking an immediately available Finance Assistant to join their business on a 12 month FTC. This position reports directly into the Financial Controller & will make part of a small Finance team. The position has the ability to turn permanent after a successful 12 months. This is a full time position (37 hours a week) & will be a remote based role with all equipment provided. Our client offers a number of perks & incentives including, On-site parking, Contributory pension scheme, Career development & training, Healthy living allowance, Life insurance & Unlimited Holidays!!
- Daily reconciliation of all bank/cash accounts.
- To prepare the bank reconciliation ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the system
- To record purchase invoices and expenses, obtain necessary approvals and pay on the due date by preparing BACS or cheque payments, ensuring they are signed in accordance with the bank mandate and organisational delegated authority.
- To raise sales invoices, credit notes and sales refunds as necessary and authorised.
- Maintain and administer the sales and purchase ledger and leading on query resolution.
- To prepare sales invoices as required
- To implement the organisation's debtor policy and implement credit control procedures.
- To assist in the maintenance of the purchase order system, including authorisation, checking, processing and providing advice and guidance to other staff members.
- To respond to any telephone calls and finance emails, answering promptly courteously, ensuring all enquiries are allocated to the appropriate member of staff.
- Maintain an accurate electronic filing system for accounting records.
- Maintain and administer the list of approved contractors.
- Maintain the organisational corporate credit card account.
- Maintain the contracts register in respect of all contracts.
- Assist in maintenance of Direct Debit arrangements and BACS Reports.
- To take card payments over the phone.
- At least 5 GCSE's - Grade C and above
- Studying AAT or qualified by experience.
- Previous accounts administration experience is essential.
- Ledger experience (both purchase and sales).
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Communicating effectively through clear and confident written, verbal and electronic methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you are immediately available & interested in applying for this position, please apply with your most up to date CV