My client, one of the UK's leading firms, with nearly 100 years' experience of successfully representing clients, are looking for a Police Misconduct Solicitor join them in any one of their 20+ UK offices. The candidate will either be a qualified and experience Solicitor or Cilex.
They provide an inclusive environment, which enables their practice and all of their staff to individually and collectively flourish to be the best they can be. They are recognised as one of the UK's leading teams by credible directories including The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, as well as being highly recommended in The Times' Best Law Firms.
• To manage a caseload of Police Misconduct cases relating to misuse of power by police and/or associated public authorities concerning the defence of civil liberties, violation of the Human Rights Act and discrimination under the Equality Act.
• Running cases from assessment up to and including bringing civil claims in both County and High Courts and fulfilling the requirements of a Legal Aid Agency supervisor.
• The job holder will be expected to conduct and manage all aspects of their caseload, including taking appropriate daily decisions involving considerable exercise of judgment.
• The job holder will have a high degree of decision making. The level of supervision required will be in accordance with the firm's standard system with little further assistance being required.
• The job holder will accordingly require a thorough and comprehensive combination of applied and theoretical knowledge and ability to conduct cases from beginning to end. The job holder will have considerable experience usually gained over at least 5 years of handling a full caseload as mentioned above.
• The job holder will identify and facilitate opportunities for growth of the firm's claimant-based Police Misconduct division through the development of relationships with other employees nationally and external organisations.
• The role may develop to include recruiting, leading, managing, motivating, supervising and developing members of a small team.
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is essential.
My client recognises and reward high performance, with competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package including:
• Structured pay scales
• Car allowance
• Contributory pension scheme
• Permanent health insurance
• Flexible Working
• Life assurance
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Cycle to work scheme
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful