This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the UK market of J.P Morgan's EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are collaborative, confident and motivated to provide a first-class experience to clients. If you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are looking to constantly challenge yourself, J.P. Morgan is the place for you. You will be working alongside a team of talented colleagues from other markets, businesses and functions to provide you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
Our Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and solutions to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families around the world. Through our integrated and diverse platform we deliver highly customized and comprehensive market leading solutions to help clients with the many challenges and complexities they face in the ever evolving financial services space. What you can Expect
You will be part of a three-year Private Bank analyst program whereby you will be supporting the team of Private Bankers covering UK ultra-high net worth clients. At the end of the three-year program, top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to make Associate by participating in an assessment centre. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
The Analyst will support the banker team in a variety of relationship management functions, primarily assisting with acquiring new ultra-high net worth clients, servicing existing ones, explaining strategy and our product offering and managing these important relationships. You will work as part of a team of expert client advisors (bankers, global investment specialists, wealth advisors and lending advisors).
Banker Analysts support Senior Bankers to oversee private client relationships by providing strategic advice based on each client's wealth objectives. They provide access to specialists and manage clients' investment portfolios. Bankers are also involved in prospecting and acquiring new clients. Banker Analysts will become comfortable speaking about our entire range of investment management and brokerage products, and you will learn to act as the client's trusted adviser. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting bankers in day to day relationship management duties and preparing account reviews
- Coordinating with global investment specialists, wealth advisors and lending advisors' client pitches, meeting agendas and assisting the bankers in managing client follow up
- Assisting in document collection and account openings
- Completing Due Diligence on the existing clients and key prospects
- Assisting bankers with the completion of regulatory requirements
- Comfortable speaking to and meeting with key internal stakeholders and external clients
- Building relationships internally and externally to develop a strong network of professionals that could assist in the client acquisition process
- Generating ideas and strategies driving forward new client acquisition
- Maintaining status updates on deal pipeline and prospects
Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organisational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. This role would suit someone who is looking for an entry level position or has some experience in the financial markets. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence and initiative to take on responsibility and manage your own projects.
But beyond that, what we're most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team. Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills
- Good ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-player
- Strong and visible interest in the financial markets
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Credit background is nice to have