Sales Manager EMEA - Music Reports to:
VP, SALES & BRAND PARTNERSHIPS Direct reports:
London HQ (with flexible and remote working)
Mirriad is an AI-powered platform, built on Academy Award-winning entertainment technology.
Mirriad's computer vision technology - with 29 patents and 11 patents pending - creates new space within existing video content that brands can seamlessly integrate into with endless creative possibilities. The newly created inventory unlocks new revenue streams within broadcasting and streaming companies' existing business models, as well as in sports, music videos and other forms of popular entertainment.
With Mirriad's platform, advertisers can now reach large target audiences in a contextually relevant way without interrupting the viewing experience. Research has consistently shown Mirriad's in-video advertising is highly effective for the marketer and is preferred by audiences, delivering a better experience.
Mirriad works with some of the most renowned advertisers, agencies and leading TV and video platforms in the key markets of the US, China, UK, France and Germany. Clients include Disney, NBC Universal, Tencent and T-mobile. Mirriad is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Mumbai, and Shanghai. About the role
We are looking for a highly driven, Music Sales Manager to build our 'Music Alliance' presence and revenue stream across EMEA - primarily for the UK, France and Germany. This includes developing the 'supply side' (artists music videos and social media content) as well as the 'demand side' (the world's brands that want to be in these videos and reach the hard-to-reach, ad-avoiding, ad-skipping-audience). This newly created role will be solely focused on music content and will be a unique market-leading opportunity for someone with a self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset. Key Responsibilities
The Music Sales Manager will bring European brands into the most emotive content on the planet via relationships built with music labels, artist management and artists as well as brands and their agencies.
- They will build outstanding sales pitches with the support of core marketing and our Insights team that utilises the evidence-based research Mirriad has created to demonstrate the power of in-video advertising
- Build equity with all external stakeholders (brands and agencies) to drive incoming briefs and pitches
- Own all European music responses and liaise internally to bring the best commercial propositions to market
- Align on corporate messaging. Liaise with marketing to drive music related material creation and narrative. Coordinate music PR and overall comms with marketing
- Own activation and launch. Manage all external partners across supply and demand as well as other third parties
- Own in-deal reporting and post campaign communication and analysis, always aiming for renewals
- Demonstrable experience developing commercial programmes across the music industry
- Experience managing or working with brands with a deep-rooted understanding of the challenges facing brands in today's complex, matrixed media world and how the world of music can answer marketing challenges
- Experience in data analysis. Finding those insights. Building a sales and renewal story from these insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to take a complex offering and simplify it is an absolute must
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience in using CRM tools
QualificationsWhilst we would welcome a strong educational background, if you have:
- French and/or German speaker a bonus
Ø 5+ years of working in a business development role within the fast-paced environment of the music industry in artist or label management, music events or sponsorship
Ø And a growth mindset, an inquisitive risk taker who is ready to define the role not follow precedent
Ø And finds building solutions to answer brand marketing challenges which leverage the power of music fascinating... ...This role might be for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer who are passionate and committed to ensuring that we are driven by respect, fairness, advances in equality of outcome and eliminating discrimination in all its forms.
We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where every employee feels able to bring their whole self to work and feel comfortable sharing what they think, feel and their ideas. As a multinational, multicultural business we seek to provide our people with opportunity for employment, career and personal development solely on the basis of their ability, qualifications and suitability for that work.
Our aim is to be purposeful in considering diversity and inclusion in everything we do at all levels of the business. Our ultimate goal is to make positive and lasting change for the better.