The team you'll be joining
EML Payments is a global leader in payments transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. Our mission is to create awesome, instant and secure payment solutions that connect our customers to their customers, anytime, anywhere, wherever money is in motion. Our aspirational vision is to offer our customers a feature rich, fully embedded payment solution, via a simple single touch point.
We are a global tech company-and we run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. EML is an issuer and processor of prepaid financial cards, ranging from reloadable cards through to traditional, single-store gift cards. EML operates in an expanding market, with prepaid financial products supported by strong technological functionalities, growing strongly and well in excess of traditional credit offerings. EML headquarters are located in Brisbane, Australia, with approximately 300 employees throughout Europe and the UK and over 500 employees globally. Company Culture & Values
Our team knocks the boring out of payments and we do it in our own unique way: having a 'one team' mentality, being open, honest and trusted, bringing awesome every day, and knowing that simplicity is genius! Our core values are One Team, Openness, Awesomeness and Simplicity.
Our place is one of collaboration, teamwork & innovation. But, above all, it's one that embraces difference. And, rather than have you blend in, we want to help you unleash your full potential.What we offer you
- Flexible, fast-paced dynamic working environment
- Global business landscape that connects you with colleagues working throughout Australia, UK, North America and Europe
- Participation in the company bonus scheme
- Flexible working - Be empowered to work smarter, in a way that suits your lifestyle, anywhere
- 12w Parental Leave, Birthday Leave, Volunteer leave & Paid Professional memberships.
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Income protection insurance
We now seek to strengthen the management team by hiring a talented and passionate individual as a Payments Operations Manager. Joining a well-established, but continually evolving business, in a regulated industry with a strong compliance, process and risk mitigation emphasis, this position will see you responsible for the documentation, performance, development and continual improvement of the end-to-end flow of payments across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be expected to be pivotal in documenting and improving current processes, systems and reporting and will play a key role in the liaison with industry bodies and partners. What you'll do
This is a critical hire for the company and, as such, we seek an experienced, process-driven payments manager; someone with the ability to facilitate and drive technical and operational change.
What you'll bring
- Act as the intermediary between finance and IT (and other stakeholders where applicable) to deliver best in class operational payment processes (that will run 24x7x365)
- Define, document and implement operational processes, standards, and best practices
- Own payment process from beginning to end, working with internal and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
- Drive automation of payment flows
- Own one or more key relationships and manage all operational components of those relationships - including onboarding, escalation, and business-as-usual.
- Identify operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects
- Support the finance team to resolve exceptions relating to settlement in a timely manner across all banking, scheme, acquiring and issuer partners
- Support launches of new payment options and partner onboarding. Liaising with the Support and Development teams is key
- Support sales and implementation teams across the entire company as a subject matter expert on operational matters
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a problem solver, and have experience working with cross-functional teams. The scope of the role is wide, from the day-to-day payment process, management, and development to quality assurance, escalations, process improvement and risk management.
- A solid background managing and developing payments processing departments at a fintech or bank
- Strong knowledge of both international and domestic payments, rules & regulations within the UK and EEA (i.e faster payments, SEPA)
- Strong technology and integrations experience
- Service management experience; incident and problem management
- An understanding of treasury and reconciliation processes useful
- Faster payments, SEPA payments experience essential
Integrated into our Core Values is EML's commitment to diversity and inclusion. EML is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognised for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at EML has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.