THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles - no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About THG Brands
THG Brands is one of our newest divisions. Starting with the acquisition of Grow Gorgeous and Mama Mio in 2016, we now have 8 fantastic premium beauty brands in our portfolio including, ESPA, Christophe Robin, Illamasqua, Eyeko and Perricone MD that THG acquired in 2020. Our brands have global reach, and so do our teams in Manchester, New York and Paris. You'll find us online, but also in your favourite high street stores; Sephora, Ulta, Selfridges and John Lewis. We are growing rapidly, with plans continuing to expand the portfolio. THG Brands, from manufacturing through to PR, is a large single unit working consistently to deliver rapid growth in a fast moving industry. Innovation, creativity and resourcefulness are common characteristic of the staff across all departments in this ever expanding team.
About the Role
Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Management Accountant to work within our THG Brands finance team. You will play a vital role in the provision of information to the Senior Management team and to the Group.
You will be part of the group finance function and key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assisting with the production of monthly/annual accounts
- Responsibility for divisional balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing systems and procedures to ensure adequate controls are in place and to ensure financial information is produced in a timely manner
- Supporting the weekly, monthly and annual forecasting/reporting
- Supporting pricing tool management
- Performing financial analysis
- Business partnering with key stakeholders across the business
- Managing AP/AR relationships
- Adhoc requests from financial and senior management team
This is a highly visible and important role within an established Finance team with excellent scope for progression.
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA).
- Proven, hands-on experience of management account production.
- Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- A proactive attitude and desire to challenge the status quo.
- An ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial management.