Screenmedia is an award-winning innovation, design, and technology consultancy. We work with clients and partners to deliver user-centred solutions across the full breadth of digital platforms; from responsive web and mobile apps to connected devices, voice and emerging technologies.
We have built lasting relationships with a growing list of national and international clients including Honeywell, Aggreko, Virgin Money, Next, Britvic, Grosvenor, RBS, Vodafone, NHS, BBC, and Channel 4. The role
We are looking to appoint a Finance Operations Assistant to support our Business Operations Team, initially on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave. Your role will be focused primarily on finance administration and reporting.
You will have 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar role. You must have excellent mathematical skills with an ability not only to perform routine financial tasks with care, accuracy, and efficiency, but also to create and understand complex calculations and reports that support the forecasting and analysis of our business. It is also essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate strong MS Excel skills. Duties and responsibilities
Required skills and experience
- Timely and accurate accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Handling finance-related enquiries from clients and suppliers
- Proactive debtor management
- Generation of financial and statistical information from business systems such as billing, revenue projections, team performance, etc.
- Validation of data from production and sales teams to ensure accuracy of MI.
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts, funding applications, business surveys
- Clearly and accurately presenting business data and analysis as required.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of our financial and management information systems and procedures
Desired skills and experience
- 1-2 years' experience in general finance administration
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is vital in this role.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, formal and informal.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong internal and external customer service approach
- Self-managing and self-motivating
- Experience within a similar organisation
- Experience in the use of Xero
- Degree 2.1 or higher in and business or finance related subject
- Full time - fixed term contract (maternity cover)
- Competitive salary and benefits based on your experience
- Up to 33 days of holidays (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- Personal research & development budget
- Flexible working
- Work from home opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Excellent work/life balance
- Vibrant and innovative culture
- Company events and social hours
This role offers remote plus flexible working opportunities, but will require occasional work from our studio in Glasgow. Useful alongside your CV when applying
- Times that work to speak to you. Everything is on MS Teams at the moment and we will try and be flexible to suit.
- A cover letter - if you want to tell us a bit more about you and why you're interested in Screenmedia, we would love to read it.
Send your application to email@example.com or via the link below.
No agencies please.