Management Accountant - 6 Month FTC - Warrington
As the Management Accountant you will primarily support the group business to maximise operating profit and drive improved working capital management. You will work closely with the management team within the group to support the operational performance of the business unit and maximise efficiency. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will develop a thorough understanding of the business, partnering with leaders to ensure accurate and timely production of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare all operating profit calculations for monthly management accounts in line with group policy, to include analysis and commentary on monthly and year to date financial & KPI performance, balance sheet analysis and working capital management
- Submit month end and year end reports in the group consolidation software (COGNOS)
- Manage the month and year-end process with the business to deliver accurate revenue recognition and robust valuation of Work in Progress, accrued income and direct cost accruals
- Production of business financial reporting, including the periodic forecast, budget and Strategy initiatives. Drive continuous improvement to meet time and quality constraints
- KPI setting and monitoring, provide proactive challenge where appropriate to the management team.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations including; maintenance of Fixed Asset register and posting of monthly Deprecation, Stock control - ensure integrity of stock value records.
- Drive effective working capital reporting and performance, collaborate with AR, AP team and operations to improve cash position for supported businesses.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns/EC Sales/Intrastat
- Proactive commercial analysis, pricing and sales performance support and challenge to ensure that business won delivers on group requirements and generates profitable growth
- Support capacity planning and utilisation to enable management team to maximise operational efficiency where appropriate
- Support system development to enhance financial and business MI reporting
- Support the periodic internal and annual external audit process including liaising with auditors and preparation of audit schedules, providing support with Statutory Account production
- Assistance with queries from Head Office including tax and consolidation
- Ad hoc financial accounting projects to support the Business and Financial Control
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a management accountant or business partner role with an understanding of business planning, how to create a robust financial control environment and have a good commercial awareness
- Sage 200 experience (desirable)
- Confident Excel and presentation skills, with effective time management
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE with exposure to Forecasting, Planning and Analysis and experienced producing month end financials.
Call Sam Nixon for an immediate interview and start 0161-676-4878