The Management Accountant is a key member of our finance team. You must be a confident and keen individual, ready to learn and grow with the company. You will take ownership, comfortable working to tight deadlines and be able to proactively support across the breadth of this international business. The role is fast paced and constantly evolving so being able to adapt and change your approach will be critical to success.
This is a full-time role based in Kings Cross, London and reports to the Financial Controller.Our Story
Established in 2002, Tom Dixon is a British design and manufacturing brand with a commitment to innovation. We design, develop and sell extraordinary objects and spaces for everyday use, including lighting, furniture and interiors. The company has a well-established global customer base which has achieved double digit growth over recent years and is set to continue this trend over the next 5 years - with offices in London, New York and Hong Kong.About the Role
Our Management Accountant works alongside the Assistant Accountant, Transactional Finance Manager, and the Financial Controller to ensure that all transactions are posted, and reporting is completed right first time, on time and in full. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The Story of You
- Full responsibility to finalise the monthly P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow of the Group - posting of journals, detailed analysis, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, and preparation of variance analysis and meaningful insights
- Partnering with cost centre owners on their monthly P&L's providing analysis and insight
- Working closely with the wider finance team ensuring that all transactions are posted as required in line with the monthly timetable
- Line management responsibility of the Assistant Accountant and oversight of their deliverables
- Responsible for the chart of accounts and maintaining finance processes in Navision ERP for all entities
- Supporting on annual budgets and monthly forecasts as required
- Key contact for the audit and any specific local/tax requirements, and ensuring that all required data and schedules are captured in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the processes and financial controls meet the business needs, and are continuously evolved as the business grows
- Ad hoc projects
We embrace diversity in all applicant's backgrounds - bring your whole self to work! The successful applicant must have eligibility to work in the UK.
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant with a proven track record and experience in a similar role. Known as a doer - you spot what needs to get done and don't ask for permission to do it. No job is too small, you love to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in. You look for efficiencies, review processes and love continuous improvement.
You must have strong planning and organisational skills, a good level of competency with Excel and have great communication skills - particularly when dealing with non-financial colleagues.
We offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world's leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.