Company OverviewConidia Bioscience
is a global market leading, growing, customer centric organisation which develops, manufactures and markets innovative fuel tests to detect microbiological contamination in fuels. Clients include major aviation, large fuel distribution companies and maritime suppliers.
Conidia have ambitious plans to grow in mature sectors and penetrate new markets through customer focussed, financially viable technical solutions. Conidia are a truly global organisation with customers located across the globe and operations located in UK and US.
2019 turnover was £4.4M, 2020 £7.5M and current budget for 2021 is £4.8M. By end 2021 there will be 22 employees in total. Overview of role
Alongside other executive management team members, this role operates across the breadth of the organisation to ensure tactical implementation of the strategy. The role supports the Managing Director in most aspects of the business and the person must be flexible and able to adapt their style to suit the MD's and business needs.
The person in this role must be comfortable operating at Board level and be able to represent complex matters in a transparent and articulate manner. This role forms part of Conidia's Executive Management Team.
This cross-functional role has responsibility for leading the Finance and Operations Team whilst also supporting the Sales and Technical Teams with data. Financial control, continuous improvement, process simplification and quality are at the core of this role. The essence of the role is to continuously improve everything about Conidia - it's results, it's people, it's product and service.
The individual in role must be operationally strong and be able to influence and negotiate outcomes to the benefit of Conidia.
This is a part time role, 70% full time equivalent. Deliverables and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Financial Management and Control:
- Responsibility for financial planning and analysis, reporting and KPI development and tracking with timely produced management accounts and a rolling forecast with risks and opportunities identified.
- Responsibility for managing currency risk across the Ltd and Inc entities.
- Responsibility for completion and submission of successfully audited and signed off financial accounts.
- Responsibility for maximising R&D tax credits.
- Responsibility for all tax liabilities and reporting to HMRC, including VAT and import duties.
- Management and ownership of intangible assets
- Lead and embed a process of business case development and ownership.
- Team Management:
- Lead a direct team of 2.
- Role model leadership behaviour and the Conidia Way to the organisation.
- Responsible for team's development, succession and engagement plan.
- Contribute to the wider team people plan alongside the Managing Director.
- Systems and IT:
- Management of IT third party providers to ensure value and service standards.
- Complete a company-wide software capability audit with resulting actions to improve tools.
- Manage IT performance and system security.
- Create a company-wide IT roadmap for hardware, software and support.
- Embed cyber security processes and principles into the standard ways of working to ensure data compliance.
- Ensure all data security contracts are aligned with back to back agreements.
- Responsibility for ISO9001 audit preparation and compliance.
- Responsible for the in-housing of ISO9001 compliance and a seamless move to an alternative audit partner.
- Programme Management:
- Create and embed a mechanism for project reporting.
- Ensure a company-wide standardised framework is used to assess project progress.
- Ensure all projects are captured in the reporting framework.
- Strategy Development:
- Contribute to the continuous update of the strategic plan.
- Responsible for creating the long-range financial plan which supports the strategic plan.
- Contribute to the definition of operational plans which support the strategic plan.
- App Development:
- Contribute to the app development roadmap to increase app adoption.
- Qualified finance professional (5+ years PQE) - CIMA, ACCA or other equivalent.
- 1st class business degree or equivalent commercial experience in a general management, finance, commercial role.
- Strong finance management and control experience (essential).
- Strong analytical mind with a talent for creating business plans from trends and analysis (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to operate at Executive and Board level (essential).
- Track record (minimum 5 years) of managing operational projects and continuous improvement initiatives (essential).
- Minimum 10 years line management responsibility (virtual team experience desirable)
- Ability to inspire and lead a team (essential).
- Ability to work independently and within a team (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in following ISO procedures (desirable)
- Experience in coordinating/managing/negotiating contracts (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict while leading a wide team (essential).
- Commercially oriented individual, comfortable working in an SME company environment (desirable).
- Solution focused - positive, can do attitude
- Conidia spirit - team player in a team that you want to be part of
- Stronger together - working cross functionally to deliver excellence
- Open mindedness - think, listen and re-think
- Integrity - operate with the highest professional standards
- Be the best - most efficient, best value, competitive
- Ability to multitask
- Delivery focused
- Desire and inclination to learn