About the role:
Job role: Speech and Language Therapist
Employer: Christy Wheatley Speech and Language Therapy
Location: Greater Manchester, Cheshire, High Peak
Start date: 1st September 2021
Contract Type: Part time - 3 days a week
Contract Term: Associate - flexible working
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Closing Date: Monday 9th August 2021 - 5pm
Christy Wheatley Speech and Language Therapy is an independent practice working with children and adults with varying speech and language difficulties.
This role will be on an associate basis, with the option of employment should this be preferred by the candidate and subject to a probationary period.
Christy Wheatley SLT is looking for an experienced therapist with a specialism in working with complex needs. Experience and an interest in social communication difficulties, including working with young people in further education, is desired.
This role will involve working in nurseries, schools, further education colleges and individual homes. The candidate will be required to provide assessments and speech and language therapy to individuals and in groups. Training to education settings, including working closely with teaching staff to demonstrate strategies, will also be part of the role.
The role will initially be for 3 days per week but this may increase should this be desired. This working pattern can be flexible to suit the candidate's requirements. The chosen candidate must have use of a car and their own PC/laptop for note taking and correspondence with education settings and parents.Essential requirements:
- Qualified Speech and Language Therapist with minimum 1 year experience.
- Experience of assessing children and planning and delivering Speech and Language Therapy programmes.
- Knowledge of complex needs and experience working in special schools and resource provisions.
- Experience working in school settings and in family homes.
- Willing to be flexible and travel to varying locations.
- Interest and experience working in further education settings.
- Experience working with children with Autism.
- Training experience.
If you would like to know more about this role or would like to apply, please contact me by email on email@example.com or by telephone on 07772427008.