Temporary IT Support Technician required to start as soon as possible, based in Taunton, working FT 37.5 hours Monday - Friday to provide support for 3 months initially.
· Form part of an IT team, logging faults from users onto Service Desk software and providing first time fix resolutions where appropriate.
· Analyse & diagnose computer hardware, software and network problems
· Install, replace and testing of new and repaired hardware
· Installation, configuration and testing of software
· Provide advice to users on IT related issues
· Provide basic desktop training to user following installation of new equipment. Escalate further training requirements to Training Services
· Ensure all requests from users are handled promptly and effectively
· Provide remote access support where required
· Maintain a knowledge base of procedures and solutions to commonly reported faults.
· Maintain documentation and standard operating procedures
· Ensure the safe keeping of IT equipment under post holders care, including transit to other sites
· Communicate technical issues to non-technical people and owning the problem through to satisfactory resolution for the user.
· Notify, keep up-to-date and ensure timely communication is made with all IM&T Support teams and departments in times of IM&T system failure or upgrades.
· Resolve IM&T problems by telephone / email / in person or to provide all the relevant information to the other IM&T support teams.
· Communicate with project managers, suppliers and other teams to support the implementation of technical projects or development in IT from conception to implementation and Go-Live.
· Escalate any issues relating to the security of IT premises, e.g. Computer rooms, communications equipment and IT buildings.