Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join our team based in Cheltenham or the option to work remotely is also available. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, will receive a highly competitive salary of £36,000 - £50,000 depending on experience.
You will provide support to the Data Futures Programme, specifically to the Programme Delivery team, and ensure HESA, as the Controller, is able to comply with its legal requirements and demonstrate accountability regarding security and privacy controls.
Success in this role will require strong research and analysis skills, the ability to present to a range of technical and non-technical audiences on technical content, and an appreciation of the importance of the data lifecycle in the HE sector.
This role will report to the Head of Data Protection.
HESA exists to enhance the competitive strength of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating data about the UK HE sector. We provide a trusted source of information, supporting better decision making, and promoting public trust, to support this strategy.
Our strategy is delivered through our people. Ensuring that our staff have the skills, capabilities, and tools to do their jobs effectively is therefore a key theme underpinning all our activities and objectives. This includes providing opportunities for development, growth, and learning.
Responsibilities of our Compliance Officer:
- Attend at all relevant Data Futures meetings to ensure design decisions and changes are identified, assessed for data protection risks and documented in the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment(s)
- Maintain, update, and manage the framework of DPIAs for the Data Futures project, process maps, information Asset Register and supporting documentation
- Ensure all data protection risks are appropriately identified, and risk treatment plans created and documented including making updates to the DPIA framework
- Ensure data protection requirements are fed into the project via Product Owners/PMO
- Assist with the undertaking of all necessary preparatory work including audits to ensure that the new platform can be brought within HESA's ISO 27001 certification
- Prepare regular reports on Privacy by Design for the Programme Board and HESA Board (as necessary)
What we're looking for in our Compliance Officer:
- You will be educated to Higher Education level or have equivalent work-based experience
- Be a subject matter expert in Data Protection
- IT literate, with proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Able to communicate and collaborate at all levels
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- Professional qualification in Data Protection and experience in a similar role
- Experience in the use of One Trust is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the HE sector is also highly desirable as is knowledge of data extraction using tools like SQL
]Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
What can we offer you as our Compliance Officer?
The salary range for this post is £36,000 - £50,000 dependant on skills and experience. We offer an attractive package with 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; holiday buy/sell scheme, flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click 'apply' today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Compliance Officer.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please.