This role encompasses reviewing existing separate policies, carrying out a gap analysis and merging them by writing new combined policies for all key stakeholders to review and approve.
This is a key senior position sitting between the Bank and Capital Markets division - experience on both sides would be a major advantage for this role. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking all new EMEA Division policies through the relevant approval governance;
- Monitor a review schedule with extremely tight deadlines
- Chair/lead meetings with many stakeholders including senior level colleagues; and
- Assess gaps and propose on a way forward to draft a final policy with all key stakeholders in the EMEA involved.
- Accountable for policy reviews until fully approved via relevant governance and run/drive this project.
Expected Experience, Qualifications and Background
- Liaise with policy owners and all relevant stakeholders including senior level managers and use Compliance expertise to identify and assess gaps and differences.
- Consult on the impact of new policies to affected parties within compliance and the wider firm.
- Propose final drafts to Head of Compliance in the EMEA and collect feedback. Review final feedback and amend accordingly for final amendments if necessary.
- Monitor progress against review schedule and Implement progress reports to update Management
- Implement approval request documents for all relevant committees during the approval stage
Compliance Professional Qualifications - preferable
- Experience of role as senior member Compliance department drafting policies
- Good knowledge of the FCA handbook
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Services laws and regulations, especially for Financial markets and Banking activities
- Highly IT literate and able to work independantly across a suite of common products
- Ability to manage a number of issues/reviews/projects concurrently
- Highly articulate and able to apply new skills effectively
- Able to build relationships and have good rapport with stakeholders under difficult deadlines
- European lanaguage skills (German in particularly) would be an advantage but are not required.
This is a contract role initially for a 6-7 month period but which has the potential to be extended in line with business needs.