We would like to make you aware of a live temporary job vacancy that might be of interest to you.
Approx. 2 months (may extend)
Pay: £22.59 per hour (inclusive of holiday) PAYE
You will be working for a large, reputable local authority.
- Undertake testing of housing benefit cases in preparation for external audit.
- Manage and administer claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Scheme in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance.
- Work with the other members of the Benefits team, to provide an effective and efficient service.
What you need to do now
- Enter claims and changes on the benefits computer system in accordance with system and internal procedures and to interrogate other internal and external systems to obtain, validate and verify information provided in support of claims and changes of claims.
- To identify overpayments of benefit, determine the most appropriate means of recovery and initiate recovery action.
- To promptly action benefit suspensions, in accordance with government regulations and internal procedures, where incoming post clearly indicates a change that will reduce benefit entitlement.
- To assist the Benefits Manager in compiling and maintaining statistical data for submission to internal and external organisations such as the Department for Work and Pensions.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.