Part of a group, our client is leading, well established Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), training, Consultancy and technology services business. Serving Blue chip clients across the Appliance Manufacturing (Boilers, Heat Pumps, Renewables, Hydrogen & Gas Technologies). Following continued profitable growth, they wish to appoint an entrepreneurial Business Unit Leader.Key Activities / Decision Areas:
- Reporting to the UK CEO, provide the day-to-day management of the Business Unit
- In collaboration with the UK CEO develop and implement entrepreneurial strategies to ensure the future growth of the business in line with expectations and set targets
- Establish and lead a capable and professional BU team to deliver to the satisfaction of all stakeholders
- Develop and submit stretch but achievable budgets for the business unit
- Manage the Business Unit P&L strictly in line with budget
- Create strong relationships with customers ensuring ongoing business
- Ensure the quality of the services delivered
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of business unit activity
- Ensure a safe working environment for our employees for both physical and mental health
- Ensure talent is attracted and retained in the business unit
- Lead career development and mentoring of all key employees
- Ensure the business unit is sales / growth oriented
- Collaborate with the global business sector to agree and introduce new service lines and key customer accounts in UK.
- Work in open collaboration with international colleagues to maximise global opportunities.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bring a dynamic, driven and motivated approach to the Company and support the introduction of changes in culture required to maintain the leading edge of the industry.
- 3 Years Management Experience
- Relevant experience of managing Customers Employees and Shareholders expectations
- Strong technical knowledge of the Business Unit expertise
- Experience of P&L Management
- A solid financial and budget management awareness with the ability to work to set targets
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of typical IT tools (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and teamwork, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
- The ability to engage and influence colleagues to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Focuses on the customer- Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations. Listening to their input and cares about their views when meeting their requirements.
- Collaborates and Shares Knowledge- Seeks to create learning and collective success through teamwork. Listens to others perspectives, shares knowledge and offers mutual support.
- Delivers on Commitments - Plans what needs to be delivered and then takes responsibility and holds others to account for making it happen. Adjusts plans accordingly to find alternative routes of success.
- Adapts to change - Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change. Challenging traditional solutions and exploring new options.
- Acts with care, safety, integrity and professionalism - Demonstrates care, trust and integrity in their day to day working.
- People Development - Empowers and allows people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment. Identifying needs and skills through development plans for current and future business success.
- Has a Global Approach - Has a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units. Works in international environments through adaptation and cross-cultural management and integration.
Unfortunately, due to our high number of applications we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.