Fixed term contract - 12 months We're more than digital. We're improving lives.
Our mission is to use digital services to create connected and inclusive communities. Digital is how we do business and we're harnessing innovation and user-centred design to transform the future for our residents and businesses.
Our Service Designers
are key to this transformation, creating services that get to the heart of our residents' needs. Using detailed research and analysis and taking an innovative, cross-council, outcome-focused approach, they are reshaping our services and ways of working.
You will seize the opportunity to reimagine what council services could look like and shape the user journeys of the future. Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you'll build a comprehensive picture of residents' needs and make design decisions with empathy and insight. You'll help the wider team and organisation develop a deep understanding of the people that use our services and the people who deliver them.
Meanwhile, you'll be looking for ways to reduce costs, optimise existing systems, bring improvements to services and embrace innovative technology which has the potential to transform ways of working and, ultimately, make people's lives better.
Working for Hounslow
- You'll bring proven experience in a similar role and a firm grasp of service design and user research.
- You'll have experience supporting new ways of working that reduce costs and deliver better services for users as well as transforming organisations.
- You'll have experience of working with colleagues and stakeholders to design services and will be comfortable working on all levels of a service, from high-level flows and journeys to the detail of individual parts.
- You are experienced at working with data and qualitative insight to design solutions and strategic propositions.
- You are skilled at stakeholder management and you are excellent at building strong relationships.
- You enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers.
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- A competitive salary of £43,860-£46,839
- Generous 24 days annual leave which can go up to 30 days + public and bank holidays.
- Secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Although we are currently working remotely, it is important that you can travel to Hounslow when required after restrictions are lifted. Note that we don't anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow every day, even when restrictions are lifted, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Key dates
Closing date for applications: 23:59 on Thursday 29th July.
Provisional interview date (via Teams): Thursday 5th and Friday 6th August.