An exciting opportunity has become available with my client based in Manchester City Centre.
This position is within a large department managing in excess of £4BN and a large client portfolio spread across the UK. Within this position you will be required to liaise with the accounts support teams such as cash/processing transactions.
The primary function of the role is to control the finances of client monies held. The Client Accountant has the ultimate responsibility for all cash held within their clients portfolio. The Client Accountant is to work within a team and take responsibility (solely or occasionally jointly with another CA) for an allocated client portfolio and to manage this accordingly in line with tasks detailed below.
The client selection includes national contracts serviced from each office. Client information is predominately held on MRI but the role may require personnel to work on one or more of their clients own systems. Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Periodic reporting to clients (standard reports plus additional as required)
- Accurate reconciliation of client reports i.e VAT, client statements
- Maintain professional working relationship with clients and ensure that good client service is delivered
- Manage and maintain the Charge funds
- Manage and maintain the database for all clients under remit
- Manage housekeeping financial data on databases
- Liaison with Treasury Department
- Deal appropriately with any transfers as per internal guidelines
- Complete cash on site audits and monitor cash handling income
- Understand and clear outstanding items as identified on the annual balance sheet
- Carry out frequent housekeeping and cleansing of all cash balances held
- Ensure full understanding of all current, updated and newly created Internal Procedures that relate to the accounts functions
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Team Leaders/Management
If this sounds like your next role then apply today.